Header

Header
get rad

Sunday 30 January 2011

Stormy High

It would be bereft of me not to comment on the devastation displayed during the CX world champs held over the weekend.

While it wasn't the exact result I was hoping for, I can't complain about the winners and the races they had.

If you have palmares like these you are going to be hard to beat on anything with two wheels and by not relying on your proven sprint kick you only make the victory even more classy. KFC had been the best womens rider I had seen all season until then.

[I'm still looking for video for the womens race - a full report with photos can be found here, but the footage of Vos gapping Compton and Nash was awesome]

If the most famous (and storied) classics team think you are good enough to offer you more than half a million euros to come and target the cobbled classics in their backyard, as well as keep your focus on 'cross and the 2012 Olympics then it's likely you are of a decent quality. I'd have liked to have seen how he went compared to Lars Boom who I think would have done well in the conditions. You only have to look at how fast he is going on the course relative to some of the best riders out there to see how dominant 'Styby' was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.