One week out from round #2 and I got some basic housekeeping for everyone. Jot these facts down quick, folks.
1. There is absolutely nothing at Jackson Reserve (north!). I've spent the week on the phone to blokes named Craig and Bruce and Macka trying to get some toilets arranged, so you may have somewhere to relieve yourself. The Beatbox Kitchen will be in attendance once again, as will the coffee cart from Supreme, a vegan bake sale, and the usual candy from the Brunswick Kiosk. So you'll have some food. But if you want somewhere to sit down, you're on your own there. Bring a chair, or a picnic blanket, or something.
2. There's also not a whole lot of parking around the reserve. If you can park your car at the Table Tennis Club on Murray Road and ride your bike or walk up to the top of Golf Road, that'd be great.
3. Rego will be open at 12, and numbers will be limited. If you can't get there at 12, send a mate along with your licence and some money. Sponsors who are keen to also ride should hit us up at email@example.com.
4. Riders, this course will likely involve a creek crossing, and as such, you will get wet. But as I mentioned above, there are next to no facilities at the reserve. Bring a towel and a change of clothes. We don't want you catching colds now.
5. Anyone keen to help set up the course should come along to the top of the reserve around 10am, and bring a hammer and some gloves. We really appreciate the help - and don't forget, there's an attitude award to be won!
I'm sure there'll be more stuff closer to the date, but that's all I can think of now. We're pretty psyched about the new venue - which has a lot of potential for wickedness. I can't wait!