Do you like 'cross racing?
|Photo courtesy Faith Hunter/Treadlie Magazine|
- Did you have fun on Sunday?
- Do you like what Dirty Deeds has been doing with our races?
- Would you like to keep cross racing alive in Melbourne?
Basically, some local residents don't feel that 'bicycle racing' is an appropriate use of the space and we would like to prove that we aren't big scary monsters that don't care about our race locations. One thing that many people might not know is that a lot of councils/park owners just aren't even interested in having a conversation about alternate uses for park space. Losing access to any our venues would be a blow to not only our series, but also the development of cross racing as the venue management often act as references as we approach other locations.
To that end we are asking any of our wider cross-loving family to come out this Sunday to a working party at the Parklands to help rehabilitate the Parklands.
*Darebin Parklands Community Park Care Day*
*Sunday 22 July, 1-3pm*
Join the DPA and Ranger Rohen Davis for some rewarding weeding, clean up and other maintenance work in our revegetation areas.
Meet at the Clifton Bridge on the Ivanhoe side of the creek.
Afternoon tea and all equipment provided. All welcome
Directions to the site:
- From Ivanhoe (three minute walk from entrance). Enter via Rockbeare Grove entrance and walk straight down the path to the creek. Turn right at the bottom and meet near the footbridge.
- From Alphington (five minute walk from entrance). Enter via main entrance at the end of Separation Street. Walk across the grass toward the bluestone picnic shelter. Take the gravel path to the right of the shelter. Follow it
around to the bluestone stairs and descend. Walk toward the creek and across the bridge to the meeting site.
For those that show up and help out we will give you FREE ENTRY to the next Round of DDCX (HSV - 26/8). Between that, a free afternoon tea and some time with the dulcet tones of Hamish and the infinite wisdom of Blakey you can't have somewhere better to be!